Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random Bits

Random musings, partially incoherent.

Things at 5fordhams are slow today. I am sitting at home feeding my addiction to noir dystopian drama by watching the AMC remake of The Prisoner... good fun but you needn't watch it if you haven't heard of it since it's appeal is limited to a nerdy fringe few.

(Ditto this weeks installment of Dr. Who, wherein we slowly sip the last few moments of David Tenant's awesomeness.)

More mainstream reflections.

Maddie was out sick today. By the time I got home, she was tearing around. Fever gone. All better. I wish I could bounce back like that. I also wish I could stay home when I was sick.

Piper is gone all weekend leaving me to watch the kids. I'm laying down provisions to weather the coming siege. Various oddments of "food-n-a-box" that they beg for when their mother is gone. Mostly involving combinations of processed carbohydrates and cheese food. Also, cookie mix. And pancake batter. There will be bloody mutiny without pancakes. There's no comfort food like Daddy food.

Christmas shopping continues, mainly by mail. Maddie briefly wanted a dragon having convinced herself that they were real based on a picture book at the library. She's moved on to even less realistic preferences.

Travel plans are firming up for a Finland visit.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I"m in agony. Waiting for a clear night to watch Doctor Who. (The boys had too much homework on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I was out of town on Wednesday.) The delay is good. My drooling anticipation of how good it will be is almost as good as watching it.

All our love to Maddie. Hope all remain healthy and happy as you dive into the darkness of winter.

"It only looks like mac and cheese." Just tell Piper that Trader Joe's has a new Tofu/Zucchini salad in a box.