Sunday, November 7, 2010

Photos and Random Happenings

First, a commercal. I have been given a kindle and my uncle Bob is publishing a book. The cosmic balance of the universe appears to be in balance. I'm impatient to buy a copy. Uncle Bob, who is freaky articulate for a math nerd, has been maddeningly silent on the plot these past 2 years.

4 members of teamfordham survived halloween with no casualties or injuries though the sugar rush has not yet abated. Piper took the evening off to see a show with a German friend. Quite clever of her to plan that out 2 months in advance, I will admit.

We are freshly back from Belgium and Luxembourg. I'm still a bit twitchy from driving our American van through tiny European streets for 3 days.

Piper bought the kids gourmet Belgian waffles with chocolate sauce while we were in Belgium. Maddie pronounced my Bisquick waffles superior. You can't buy loyalty like that. I'll bask in that memory of that praise until she hits puberty and her taste buds mature.

A new record was set during this trip when the kids enjoyed not one but two different museums. Normally, they find museum tours to be mind-numbingly boring grown-up stuff. The chocolate museum in Belgium and the Military History museum near Bastogne were both declared exceptions. Sadly, they were less amused by the 3-hour tour of Luxembourg (in the rain).

Here are photos.

8 comments:

Alison said...

Great pictures of the gang. As usual, your kids happen to be adorable.

Loved the chosen cover for the book. Looks very dramatic and ominous.

Unknown said...

Loved the photos! as always... and the blog...
And reading abt the new book! You and Uncle Bob sound alike when you write... great talent for both of you. And, I signed up to be notified when book comes out :) so that takes care of one of the 10 for this week.
But one minor question? did you just add two more "new" countries to your country count (:

Andy said...

I did indeed add 2 new countries. I cackled maniacally in your honor every time we passed a border.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Well, I hate to be a spoiled sport.. but I think it is very cheap of you to drive 3 hours to a very small country, and then claim a new "country".. you probably just drove through it.

Belgium, I will give you... with Bruges, and of course the photos were lovely.... But I didn't see any from Luxembourg. I think you just get a half for that one.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Okay, after talking to Piper, and hearing of the museum, and the lovely things you did while visiting in Luxembourg, that deserves to be a Country :(

However, thinking abt it today, I have decided that "Jersey" is probably a "Country"... small, but prob no smaller than Luxembourg.. :)

November 13, 2010 3:23 PM