Saturday, January 29, 2011

Out with the Old, In with the New

My woodshop adventures continue.

Many years ago, Piper had a welder make a great bed for us out of 2 wrought iron gates. Sadly, our house at Cliveden estates wouldn't allow that bed up the stairs so we sold it.

So we slept on a mattress on the floor for longer than I like to admit before picking up a second hand bed from friends. The old bed was a rickety marvel. I am amazed that it survived (sort of) 3 years of the kids jumping on it.

Last November, I received spousal dispensation to build a new one. It moved in today. I'm pretty sure that it's built to last. German Ash is not a frail wood.

Pictures are here.

4 comments:

Carole said...

Looks good Andy.

Alison said...

Really beautiful
... and again tapered legs. I"m impressed!

Carole said...

Oh yes, tapered legs. I wouldn't have notice if Alison hadn't mentioned them. Very nice.

domandkat said...

The photos of the old bed show why we bought our kids a trampoline. The new bed looks much nicer though no matter what!