Thursday, November 27, 2008

Crushed as cranberries

These are our friends Brad and Stacey. They are cool and fun, and we miss them. We knew each other when Andy and I lived in Florida. We were going to Vienna for Thanksgiving to visit with them and see their three kids, whom we haven't met yet.

I tried not to gloat about it in public. I just pranced around the hotel room saying to myself, "why, as a matter of fact, we're going to Vienna for Thanksgiving."

As it turns out, not gloating was a good policy. There is a forecast of freezing rain, snow and fog the latter half of the long weekend. The prudent among us (that means Andy)decided that was too risky in the Alps for a long weekend that included 16 hours on the road.

but Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I pray the day is filled with reminders, big and small, of all you have to be grateful for. We love you!

1 comment:

Malissa said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Karen and Malissa Files