Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Piper and I celebrated our 14 year anniversary yesterday. To mark the occasion, I swung by the German florist and bought a cool flower arrangement. To prove that I had developed some sense of romantic style in the past 14 years (it's an admittedly low bar), I opted to forego the easy choice of roses and get something small, stylish and eclectic to match my wife's tastes. In true European fashion, I carried it home on the bus.

I triumphantly entered my cave to present my kill to my wife and discovered... a very nice floral arrangement on the kitchen table that my wife had bought for me earlier that day.

I ask those of you with more marriage experience than I... Is this fair? Aren't their rules against this sort of spousal conduct?


Should you wonder, mine is the one on the left.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Museltov! I can't believe it's been 14 yrs. About the flowers... I see two lovely gifts given by two people who love each other very much. Both gifts will provide beauty and color to a home in winter. Both are tasteful in size. Beauty and function. Ahhhh. Perfect. Of course, I got a cordless drill for Christmas. Ha

domandkat said...

Andy,

I like the flowers you gave Piper better than the ones she gave to you ;-) Sorry Piper...

Yours if planted will come back year after year. From what I can tell of the other pot, they look like they are difficult to take care of ???

So I don't know who has the green thumb at your house, but...

All the same Happy Anniversary to two terrific people! Maybe you should take each other out to dinner too... Go Dutch!

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you both did well. And my mom - who has been married to my dad almost 45 years - buys him flowers (roses even!) on special occasions. So I think this must be a good indicator of great things to come! :)

Much love

Unknown said...

Like Alison, it is hard to believe 14 yrs.... where did all of that time go?
And in the vane of gifts, I received jumper cables... but Alison loves her cordless drill.. and everyone needs jumper cables... all gifts are good... :)
And, btw, I love both arrangements... being married 14 yrs, your choices appear very much alike... tis good