Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Quick Update

We're back from Austria. Our vacation went well and we managed to teach the kids to ski with (countless minor but) only one major meltdown.

I have decided to learn to snowboard next year. I have too many ingrained bad habits on skis that can't be cured. It's time for a fresh start with a new sport.

Soon, I shall post on going sledding in Austria. All I will say for now is that it is amazing what you can allow people to pay to do when you live in a country that doesn't allow frivilous lawsuits. Ohmygosh...

I spent yesterday afternoon with a friend trying to set up our internet and telephone service. Very exciting. Had to switch the language preferences on my laptop to German to get the ISP providers software to install. Wires are now everywhere in our kitchen but things still don't work. Apparently, I need to make a call to the phone company (on a weekday between 9 and 5) before I can get things to work.

Cross your fingers.

Piper has a backlog of posts and photos as soon as we have internet access.

No comments: