Thursday, March 25, 2010

Our Heroine Returns

Piper arrived safely home today to the overwhelming joy of my children who have now forgotten how cool I was 24 hours ago. How quickly they forget.

My shock and awe campaign to impress my wife with my household management skills has also failed. House cleaned... check. Bed made... check. Dishes... check. Laundry... check. All evidence of non environmentally-friendly recycling practices during the past week removed... check.

She seemed to take it all for granted. Possibly this is how she feels when I don't notice her new haircut for a week.

...Come to think of it, I shaved my head nearly bald on Monday and she hasn't commented yet. Upon further reflection, maybe this neglect is just the jetlag.

...I'll be a hero tomorrow. I'm sure of it.

No comments: