Saturday, March 6, 2010

Odds and Ends

Apologies to all for my lack of communication. I've been digging out after a couple of busy weeks. Between work, family, a little exercise and visits to the woodshop, all my time seems to have disappeared. My goals for the coming weeks are to make some time for the dentist and the IRS. The IRS, in particular, seems to have plans for me.

I am continuing to train for a marathon with 2 guys from work. Based on last nights 13 mile run, a marathon isn't looking like it will be a whole lot of fun.

3 months ago, I started making 2 beds in my spare time. The upcoming visit of some Philadelphia friends has caused She Who Must Be Obeyed to elevate the priority of that project. Apparently, it's bad etiquette to ask your guests to sleep on the floor. I finished them this week and set them up this morning. Photos below. I'm reasonably happy with them. The final design was more contemporary than I was aiming for. The original plan was to pin the joints but that didn't work out.


7 comments:

domandkat said...

So that's in the living room??? And where's the other one? Micah's room?

It looks really nice, but KNOW that we didn't feel slighted in the least for sleeping on the floor! Our weekend with you all are some of the highlights of our trip (and the biergarten being in the top 3 of that)!

Alison said...

the bed is absolutely beautiful! what type of wood? looking forward to sleeping in it!

Andy said...

The wood is mahogany and ash. -Andy

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am impressed! great job... but I am wondering too, where is the other bed? will it make a corner arrangement in the living room ???

we made need to toss coins to see who gets the new beds... :)

Alison said...

I think that she who expresses interest first gets first dibs.

Unknown said...

nay.... answering first is just a matter of timing.... It is she who gushes the most gets the bed. :)