Friday, March 19, 2010

Sometimes you eat the bear

Sometimes you eat the bear... and sometimes the bear eats you. This week, I was eaten. Final score:

Andy -- 0
IRS -- >>1

In lighter news, Piper arrived safely in Austin sometime last night or this morning depending upon the observers frame of reference.

The kids and I are faring quite well. Last night we had pizza and a movie and then made cookies. I let them each take cookies to school with their lunch. Phase I of my plan to ensure that I'm never trusted alone with the kids again is now complete. I won't mention phase II since Piper might read this and quash my plans for world domination.

Weekend goals are still undetermined. There's a medieval festival 2 hours from here but that seems like an ambitious drive. Particularly since my son appears to have converted his floor to use as an open-air laundry hamper. I suspect my weekend goals will be more domestic.

4 comments:

domandkat said...

Why is Piper going to Austin?

I wish you well in your quest for world domination.

Hope the IRS didn't win as resoundingly as last year...

Beth said...

Looking forward to Piper time here in Austin! Woo!

Hope you're having a fun time sugaring up the kids while she's gone. :)

Unknown said...

We had a great! time with Piper... thanks for taking care of home front, cookies and all so she can be over here.

xxoo

Unknown said...

Andy"phase 2" of plan....

You are great to share Piper... We love you for it...

love to all M