Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Plans

Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. I am--briefly--a hero. I stride upon the earth as a Nephilim of old. Soon this will pass but until then I bask in the radiant gratitude of my children. It is amazing how much appreciation can be squeezed into a small bag of processed sugar.

Tonight, I have spousal permission to torment my children. My plan is to let them watch Han Solo frozen into carbonite. It has been decided that my first choice (Raiders of the Lost Ark) is problematic since we live in Germany.

I've beaten Tess in her last 5 chess games. Unfortunately, she's quickly getting better and will soon be unstoppable. I think that I'll have to get cousins Brigg and Barnes to teach her some humility this summer (5 years of chess club should be sufficient for that). Without these preventive measures, she could become insufferable during her teenage years.

No comments: