Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fair and Balanced Reporting from 5fordhams

I am pleased to introduce today's guest correspondent, "Crotchety Dave." Dave brings us the following quote on World Cup Soccer. Given the utter madness that has consumed my house since the world cup began (has anybody seen my wife in the past week?), I thought it fair to include an opposing opinion.

//QUOTE:

Any sport that
A- celebrates a tie
B- often has the inferior team win 1-0 by dint of dumb luck
C- rewards low melodrama 'I'm hurt' antics
D- is hugely dependant on penalties for any scoring at all, and
penalizes dumb luck like having a ball bounce off your arm
E- considers blindly kicking the ball to the other end of the field good
strategy

...is inherently suspect...

//UNQUOTE

Sorry Dave. You wouldn't last 5 minutes here in Germany.

2 comments:

domandkat said...

I think I'd have to agree with Dave, but it's still fun to watch a game that happens "real time" instead of controlling time like in American football and basketball.

And wasn't that Piper I saw in the crowd the other day???

The Moser Family said...

enjoyed the quote, it helped me place just why I never really got into soccer.
thanks. :)