Thursday, July 16, 2009

And the winner is...

...Amy.

Tess finished Harry Potter on Tuesday. We drove over to the bookstore this morning in search of a suitable replacement and picked up this book. Actually, I picked it up and promptly started reading it in the store. I got so distracted that I never got around to researching the other suggestions that friends posted here. We'll be checking those out soon (since Piper and the kids still have 2.5 more weeks of vacation).

Tess did get a little testy with me after we got home and I didn't promptly hand it over (hey, I'm on vacation too).

This lapse of adult maturity was only temporary. Tess parked herself at the foot of the bed and gave me The Look. This expression, trademarked by firstborn daughters, is a sure-fire way to instill paternal guilt. In 7 more years, she'll be using it to get the keys to the car. Today, it got her the book even though I'd only read 2 chapters.

The first 2 chapters are great, though. She'll love it.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

No comments: