Monday, July 6, 2009

Headlines that make Andy go huh...

I'm on vacation back in the U.S. so I'll take a short break from blogging about the kids. Right now, I'm catching up on U.S. news. Lots that I don't understand. To wit.

Iran. I once listened to a government official describe negotiating oil prices with the Iranians. They wanted to charge more than market rates and buyers protested. The Iranians countered: "consider the fox, it's tail is longer than he is." 20 years later, Iran still makes no sense to me.

Michael Jackson. I never listened to Michael Jackson. I was ahead of my time and found him odd even then. More fundamentally, I assumed that those who did listen to him had moved on. Obviously I missed something.

Sarah Palin. Please be gentle with me but I'm totally not comprehending her newsworthiness. Not at all. Be merciful.

Farrah Fawcett. This one, even I understand.

1 comment:

domandkat said...

All I can figure out here is that you must have some sort of weakness for blondes who don't sing that Piper doesn't know about.

Hope you had fun at the waterside wherever that ended up being...