Monday, August 31, 2009

Mommy time

The children are off, scootering to school with fresh faces, new backpacks and curly hair. But what of Mommy?

Andy suggested locking myself in the apartment with a case of wine. A fine suggestion and one worthy of his wife. However, gentle reader, I have chosen a different path. I cleaned the apartment to a sheen worthy of a German housefrau, and having massaged my environs to my favorite condition, have adjourned to the sofa with Jane Eyre, Graham Greene's Travels with My Aunt, and As you Like it. This is folly, I know, and folly of an unproductive nature. Teaching starts next month. Indeed, I have my first meeting with faculty this very Thursday.
But, as with Rochester I say, "... man meddle not with me."

3 comments:

domandkat said...

Methinks you have returned to familiar territory. What Piper does before she starts something new in her life. At least it won't take the whole bookcase this time :-)

So where are you teaching? Online? In a classroom in town?

Piper said...

How frightening to have friends who know you well. Never start a new venture until you've spent hours reading.
I'm teaching at the Media University of Stuttgart (Hochschule der Median). Adjunct faculty pays little enough that I'm well under the tax limit :)

Andy said...

" man not meddle with me..."

but I thought Yoda said that?