Friday, October 9, 2009

Nobel Prize

Lots of discussion today on the Nobel Prize. My opinions are unclear. I'm still waiting to see how they spin this one.

I will say that this guy is, by far, my favorite winner of the Nobel Peace Prize ever (with apologies to Mother Theresa).

Not sure if he's my favorite Nobel winner ever. For the sheer "cool factor," it's hard to top the 1964 physics prize (for inventing the laser/maser).

How can curing world hunger top inventing the ray gun, anyway?

Back to our regularly scheduled programming (tomorrow we're off to the Teubingen rubber duck races).

1 comment:

domandkat said...

From what I've seen,even the White House was surprised and were asking if it was April 1st!

It definitely woke us up quickly - about as quickly as waking up to the coup d'etat in Russia all those years ago.