Thursday, September 18, 2008

Enroute

We successfully concluded the Fordham farewell tour this morning with a final hotel stay at the home of our friends Bill and Lona. (Our previous best friends having finally gotten around to evicting us on Tuesday... they also mentioned having their hardwood floors refinished this week but the "eviction" angle creates better narrative drama so I'll tell the story my way...)

Lots of tears shed by lots of people in the past week. I confess that I hadn't thought through that emotional angle when I volunteered for this last spring.

Dropped off our rental car this morning, checked through 200 lbs of luggage and proceeded to wait in the Philadelphia Airport USO. The Philly USO is -- post 9/11 -- close to the palatial standards of Disneyland. I am currently sitting in their TV room with my kids watching Dora the Explorer on a wide screen stadium TV screen. Not sure how I'll break it to them that we have to board our plane in 30 minutes.

This will probably be my last post before we arrive in Germany tomorrow morning at 3 am East Coast Time.

1 comment:

domandkat said...

Go Fordhams! Yeah! We are excited for you and want to hear every detail - good and bad - you can possibly tell! But maybe first you should get over jetlag... :-)