Thursday, October 16, 2008

Translation

Translation programs are a huge help, except when they are not.
Take this recent example from a local Realtor. I opened an e-mail to a message that he had run through such a program:
"Acts to me suffer the appointment morning does not go. When you have on Thursday time with it I it also with the owner can clear, because you should be present with besichtigung, and you also has the key of the Apartment. And give me please still your number where I you can also reach.
Thank you"

I kid you not.
Petra, our relocation helper, even tried to think through a forensic analysis that would come up with such a paragraph. She couldn't.
As to the house, it was great and would be wonderful for the family.
The downside is that it comes at another family's expense. The guy's contract has gone bankrupt and they are pulling him out after six months.
The family has given verbal notice and wants to be out in December. However, the process may stall until late winter. We can wait til Dec. but not beyond.
Ugg.
Here is info on the town. If we get the house, we'll pass along photos.
http://www.magstadt.de

2 comments:

Kate Kelly said...

I am new at the blogger thing and posting so forgive me if this has repeated. (1) Congrats on the new 2year home for the 5fordhams. (2) I hope you are soon to become known as the 5MagstadtFordhams. (3)If this is not the case-I strongly recommond you consider the possibility that Other Huckle really really likes living in 400 square feet and that Other Huckle is secretly sabatoging all avenues of expanding to wider grounds--which would really suck because I was looking forwared to occupying the "guest bedroom" at some point. If not--I'll squeeze in with Micah under the window. (4) much Luv from the Motor City. --Kate

Lisa G Marks said...

I like that comment, translation programs are great, except when they are not. That's precious. Choosy moms choose JIF, I mean Babblefish. Is that the one you tried?