Friday, October 3, 2008

Volkfest!

Our first trip to Stuttgart on the S-bahn to go to Volkfest, Stuttgart's version of Oktoberfest. Highlights included:
Dogs on trains
Giant Slide
Giant Pretzels
An entire festival food court that was just bread and meat. (not so great for Piper)
Traditional German clothes
Did we mention the flatbed trucks of beer?
Rollercoasters for Piper (that's the mechanical arm high in the sky).
Spinny Octopus ride. Tess: "I want to get off!" Maddie: "I want to do it again!" It was close to Micah's naptime so he wouldn't get near the thing.























2 comments:

spronch said...

I was wondering how the family (Piper especially) was going to adapt to meat, meat and more meat menu. When we were there last year, the one restaurant actually had a vegetarian section of the menu - which was great until I realized that it also contained pork.

Piper said...

Yes, but I'm sure it was vegetarian pork!
German bread and cheese is delicious so I'm certainly not suffering, though the food choices are, shall we say, limiting.