Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas After Action Report

Christmas festivities concluded Friday evening on schedule. Thank goodness. As a kid, I don't remember anybody warning me that Christmas was so much work.

We ended the day watching yet another episode of Junkyard Wars. This has inexplicably become my families latest addiction. As a result, we are learning all kinds of post apocalyptic survival skills (assuming your apocalypse left a little trash behind). Season 1 starts with a practicum on siege engine technology and works its way up to even scarier stuff (last night's episode was marine salvage). At least one of my kids is now desperate to learn to weld.

My film critic friend Becky would say this is a total red state show. I assume that's a complement.

Maddie was a bit under the weather this morning so she skipped church with her dad. As soon as our van drove away, she immediately felt better and asked to do a project. Fortunately, Micah gave me a roll of duct tape for Christmas so we decided to make a kite.

Alas, there was no wind to be found.

Tess has been busy with her new yoyo book learning tricks. With luck, she'll be ready to go on the Smothers Brothers in a few years.

Click on our tree for photos...


No comments: