Saturday, December 5, 2009

Reunited, and it feels so good

This will sound out of character for a woman who has one domestic-arts bone in her body, and it's maybe above my left ankle, but I have been pining for my mixer. A thing if beauty it was. A Braun hand-held multi mixer. It could do everything a Kitchen Aid could do and it fit nicely in my cupboard. I blew it up last December trying to make Christmas dinner.
So when my friend Jess offered me her mixer--she can't use a 220v back in the States-- I said yes. I was coming up on a year. I needed to move on. Plus Christmas was coming again and I wanted something other than a fork.
It was a 220v Braun multi mixer! Like Doctor Who, regenerated with a new volt system, but otherwise, exactly the same. Jess had trouble letting go. When I said I had owned this one before, I think it made it easier for her knowing that the mixer was known and loved.
I'd rather have Jess here than the mixer here. The only good news is that they are moving to a city where we have family members so we'll see them again.
Andy is in Houston this week. Andy gone+mixer here= non-Bisquick waffles, with egg whites beaten to peak and folded in at the end. Yum

3 comments:

Andy said...

Hmmm. I hadn't suspected there was another appliance in your life. Do we need to talk?

domandkat said...

Andy gets snow. Is that an equal trade??? Tough call in my book...

Alison said...

Now that you've lived with it for a bit, what's its name?